Thursday 4 October 2012

How to get your warranty back after rooting/Custom Rom on Galaxy S3 I9300

Do you love Rooting your device or unleashing its capabilities with custom ROMS and tweaks. If yes then have to sacrifice your warranty.  But when it comes to devices like Galaxy S3 I9300 which costs nearly $600, loosing your warranty can be a big risk. Also you will miss out the official firmware updates. Then how to solve it, how to get warranty back or how to go back to Kies updates on Galaxy S3. Read on for details and follow the simple steps to get your device back to stock condition.

Before starting the process lets see how Samsung detect warrant void case (related to software)
  • Phone Rooted or not
  • Custom Rom/ Stock Rom installed
  • Flash counter
  • System Status is modified or Normal
So to get the warranty or KIES/OTA updated back on Galaxy S3 you need to take care of all these issues.

Now Lets start the process

Pre requisites
  • Rooted phone
  • Triangle Away App from Chain Fire
  • ODIN Flasher and Samsung USB Drivers
  • Stock Firmware of your country – You can download it from Sammobile.com Firmware section
  • A good internet connect to be used for Updating Via OTA
  • Take a complete backup if your phone
:: Procedure ::
Phase 1 : Resetting Flash counter
Check out this article How to reset Flash Counter

Phase 2 : Flashing Stock Firmware Via ODIN and full wipe
  • Make sure you have Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC
  • Switch off your phone and restart in Download mode
  • Connect your phone to PC and ODIN should Show “Added”
  • Now Put the Firmware File in PDA TAB (most of the firmware files for S3 on Sammobile and one single)
  • Start the process
  • Wait for Reboot of Phone
  • Once done Do a full Factory Reset to remove any trace of root or custom rom file
  • Now once rebooted you can setup your phone properly
Phase 3 : Setting up Phone and OTA Update
After installing the Stock FW, check for software update and you will see that you can update your phone OTA


8 comments :

  1. Thank you for a very informative post.

    The only problem I faced was to download the firmware from the site. Since it connects to mediafire.com and that site gives a pretty slow speed.

    However I was able to follow the steps and make it work

    Thanks once again :))
    Keep the good work !!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dialandroid. First of all thanks for your effort making this video very clear and helpful. I'm following all the given steps to flash counter and it works! The issue I'm getting now is once after download from sammobile the stock firmware and flash it and I could see the software status its modified. Where I could see in your video it comes to Normal. My device is GT-i9300. And the firmware I've downloaded from sammobile version 4.1.2. Is it I should download 4.0.4? Need your advice thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I reset my flash counter it said no then Samsung official but the last one still said custom isn't it supposed to say official

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i'm not able to find firmware for galaxy s3 india.....

    pls help my phone is rooted and i want to unroot it

    ReplyDelete
  5. While using Triangle Away is an easy option, it does not seem to work. My binary counter continues to show 2.
    Samsung Galaxy S3, CyanogenMod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    i follow your each and every step carefully.

    i tried to recovery back my note 2 officially but everything was done when at last after odin process my note 2 reboot its not coming back its again and again rebooting.

    and when i go to download mode it shows

    product name : GT-N7100

    Custom binary download : Yes (1 counts)

    Current binary : Samsung official

    System status: Official

    What to do please help
    email me at jhalanitin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how can i change device statues to official coz i cant update my s3 via kies ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I run stock rom but I rooted it using CF-autoroot. After using triangle away a factory reset is all I need to unroot and have the phone like out of the box?

    ReplyDelete