Thursday 7 June 2012

How to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 using CF-Root and ODIN (with Video Guide)

Samsung Galaxy S3 "Designed for humans" can now be rooted easily thanks to the intelligent and fast ChainFire Developer @XDA. In this post we will cover a step by step guide along with video tutorial to show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN method. Read on for details.

What is Rooting?
Rooting is process which allows apps to get privileged control (root access/System files access). After rooting you can use several Apps which required root and they can customize your device in terms of speed and performance.

** Rooting will void your warranty **


Now lets root Samsung Galaxy S3 (SIII)

This process will install below thinds
Root: SuperSU v0.89
Recovery: CWM v5.5 :: CF-v1.3
Util: CWM Manager v3.55

Prerequisites

We request you to watch the video before doing the procedure. (Youtube Link)


Procedure

  • Shut down Kies completely
  • Now Switch off you Galaxy S3 and reboot in download mode
  • You can goto Galaxy S3 Download mode by using VOL Down+Home+Power Button and then VOL up to continue
  • Run Odin program
  • Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and you will see "added" in ODIN message box
  • Click on PDA button in ODIN and add CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.tar
  • Click on Start
  • You will see PASS on ODIN and your mobile will restart

Now CWM will be installed automatically and Mobile will reboot

Congrats your mobile is rooted now.

VIA XDA FORUM



12 comments :

  1. Hi,I have one question about root galaxy s3 GTi9300,first when i rooted my galaxy my software is not ungraded when i rooted after rooted tell me you must upgrade your software when i upgraded and I put this file CWM-SuperSU-v0.87 in my galaxy when i used that step when told me about rooted my galaxy shut down and don't worked again only my screen wrote SAMSUNG GALAXY S lll GTi9300 i wait until 3 hours and i thought maybe about upgrade like that busy and maybe after that work but unfortunately until now don't work it :( please someone help me what shall i do ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever such thing happen .. follow this simple step

      Remove the battery
      got to recovery mode (VOL UP+Home+Power)
      then Wipe cache and factory reset

      then reboot your phone


      Please note you will loose your phone data

      Delete
  2. I have a problem with Odin, becouse is not recognize my device,
    my cellphone is Samsun Galaxy S3 and I try to Root it.

    But alwasy when I try to do it with Odin v1.85 it does not recognize.
    -I start it in administrator (pc)
    -I put my cellphone in Installing mode
    -Then I connected to my computer, but Odin does not change

    What can I do?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this means you dont have proper drivers installed

      Delete
    2. So what can I do, install kies and the drivers?
      But I already do that.

      Delete
    3. do you see something called Gadget serial when you connect your phone (in download mode) to PC USB port..

      Check with different USB port

      Delete
    4. Thanks you rigth! I follow all your steps and i got it.

      Delete
  3. Ok thanks, will try connecr in all ports andctry to restart my pc
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do all of this, but it says that I don't have superuser access. It installed superuser and everything but it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!"

    Is it possible I updated my phone and now this method doesn't work?

    Galaxy S3 19300
    Android 4.04

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this method should work.. but i highly recommend mobile ODIN with ever root option that is best thing

      Delete
  5. So my phone's rooting stopped at Compplete(write). It failed, about 6 times now. I believe I'm fucked now. How do I fix this? Or, lemme reinstate that. How can I finish my rooting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, are you fucking kidding me!? I need my phone, and because of you, it is now FUCKED. Thank you so much dude.

    ReplyDelete